- Where are you located?
On the first floor of the F.B. Perry Building, 40 Church Street, Hamilton (next to the Market Place).
- Is there a fee charged for the designation of a primary family homestead?
Effective 1st April 2014 there is an application fee of $26.00. If you have already received a primary family homestead designation certificate, but it is subsequently lost or destroyed, you may apply to our office and request that we re-issue a certificate, which is subject to a re-issue fee of $53.00.
- Application Form
- Where do I get the application form from?
You can collect your form from the Front Desk of the Office of the Tax Commissioner.
- Is the application form available on the Website?
No. The application form has to be collected from the Office of the Tax Commissioner and filled out by hand. It must be signed by the applicant and submitted to the Office of the Tax Commissioner with all relevant documentation (as stated on the application form).
- Can someone other than myself bring in my application?
Yes, provided you have completed and signed the application form and have included all supporting documentation with your submission.
- General Information
- Can a husband and wife sign one application form for the same property?
No. Each applicant must submit a form. A husband and wife who jointly own the same property must submit separate application forms.
- Will you accept photocopies of Passport & Driver's Licence?
No. Only certified photocopies will be acceptable. Photocopies must be certified by a law firm or bank. Bring your original Passport and Drivers Licence or Senior Persons Card and original deeds of ownership to the Office of the Tax Commissioner when making your application and we will photocopy them and certify them for you with no charge.
- Can someone other than myself collect my Certificate?
Yes. However, they must be instructed to do so on your behalf and bring photo ID or a letter from the applicant giving authorization to that person to collect. That person must sign for the Certificate on your behalf.
- Are the Certificates mailed to us?
No. You will be called by the Office of the Tax Commissioner when your Certificate is ready for collection.
- What Do I Do if I Sell my Designated Property?
Please call the Office of the Tax Commissioner for advice on the Tel Nos. listed below.
Tel Nos. to Call for Advice on Primary Family Homestead Designation
- 441-294-9122 Kamelah Moore
- 441-297-7684 Janice Williams
- 441-297-7749 Julia Washington
- 441-294-9738 Lisa Hollis
Click here to return to Frequently Asked Questions