- How do I register to E-file?
Please go to the e tax website www.etax.gov.bm, select the register button and complete the required fields. Alternatively you may contact our office at telephone No #, 297-7567, 298-6352, or 297-7562.
- What is the Payroll Tax EFT Authorization Form?
The Payroll Tax EFT Authorization Form (or Electronic Funds Transfer Form), is used to provide the Office of the Tax Commissioner the authorization to verify an individual's bank account number(s) for the purpose of facilitating electronic funds transfers for the online payment of taxes.
- Will I be notified when I can E. Pay?
Currently no independent notification is provided. Please note The EFT Authorization Form is processed and verified within 2 business days.
- What method of input is required when prompted to enter User ID/Payroll Tax account number and Bank account number?
Please remember not include dashes or spaces when entering User ID/Payroll Tax account numbers and or Bank account numbers. Please note, for security reasons, the response to your challenge question must not be the same as your password.
- Which Banks can be used for Payroll Tax e file payment?
The E. Tax System currently accepts payment from both HSBC (Bank of Bermuda) and Bank of N.T. Butterfield checking and or savings accounts. Please be advised that the Capital G bank is unable to facilitate e file payments at this time.
- Is my Bank Account debited immediately?
No: the Bank will process all transactions within 2 business days.
- Why aren't all the sections of the tax form available when the form first appears?
The visual representation of the tax form, as seen on the screen is provided, per section, based on the criteria you establish when answering the initial business related set up questions. In short the system, based on your responses to the set up questions, will select for completion only those sections deemed applicable.
Click here to return to Frequently Asked Questions